Our mandate is to facilitate restoration and a refreshing of the soul, body and spirit; Jeremiah 31 v 11-12 and Isaiah 58 v 6 – 14.
Isaiah 60 v 1-3 encapsulates our vision of seeing people live fulfilling lives and is captured in the acronym R.I.S.E
Relate: Enabling the development of healthy relationships with people, their communities and God. 1 John 4 v 20
Influence: Impacting and contributing to the seven mountains of influence in the society (Family, Education, Religion, Government, Business, Media, Arts & Entertainment). Matthew 5 v 14-16
Support: Striving to be a bridge of hope in this needy world. Matthew 25 v 35-40
Empower: Inspiring people to discover their place of liberty where they can be all that they were created to be. Isaiah 60 v 1-3
What We Believe: Statement of Faith
The sole basis of our beliefs is the Bible, God’s infallible written Word, the 66 books of the Old and New Testaments. We believe that it was uniquely, verbally and fully inspired by the Holy Spirit and that it was written without error (inerrant) in the original manuscripts. It is the supreme and final authority in all matters on which it speaks. We accept those areas of doctrinal teaching on which, historically, there has been general agreement among all true Christians. Because of the specialised calling of our movement, we desire to allow for freedom of conviction on other doctrinal matters, provided that any interpretation is based upon the Bible alone, and that no such interpretation shall become an issue which hinders the ministry to which God has called us.
- We believe there is only one God (Deuteronomy 6:4, Matthew 16:17).
- We believe Jesus Christ is the son of the living God (Matthew 1:18-25).
- We believe the Bible is the infallible word of God and flawless in its original contents. It is both divine and human in its text (2 Timothy 3:16).
- We believe all have sinned, come short of the Glory of God and needs to be saved (Romans 3:23).
- We believe Jesus Christ died, was buried and rose from the dead on the 3rd day (1 Corinthians 15:4).
- We believe Jesus Christ is the only way to eternal life. (John 14:6)
- We believe in water Baptism by Immersion as a package of the new birth in Christ (Matthew28:19,26:26-29)
- We believe in the Baptism and the full indwelling of the Holy Spirit, with the evidence of speaking in tongues (Mark 16:17-18)
- We believe Jesus Christ is coming back in power and glory (Acts 1:11)
- We believe the dead will rise again both believers and unbelievers to eternal life and judgement (1Thessalonians 4: 16-17)